Friday, April 11, 2014

Elmo cupcake tutorial

Hi everyone today I'm going to show you a cupcake tutorial it's fun and easy I'm sure your kid's would love it, my little one turned eleven months this month so I'm making a ELMO cupcake for her since she like to watch sesame street show on tv.
I do celebrate her monthsary every month just to see how she grows as the month go by and I love taking pictures with the cupcake beside her. That would be nice as a remembrance when she grow up someday looking back and going through the pictures when she was a little.
 So lets start with the batter, I just use a cake mix that you can buy in the store where you can choose your own flavor besides its fast and easier,just follow the direction that written on the box.
All you need:
  1. Box of cake mix flavor of your choice( I use chocolate this time with chocolate melted in the center).
  2. 3 eggs
  3. 1 cup of water
  4. 1/3 cup cooking oil
  5. Icing (colored it with red)
  6. Marshmallow (cut in half)
  7. Gum ball (orange color)
  8. Oreo cookies (cut in half)
  9. Black decorating gel(for the eyes) 
Line the baking cups on the cupcake molds and put a spoonful of batter
Put the melted chocolate in the center 
Then cover it with another batter about half full and put it in the oven for 350 degree Fahrenheit for 21 minutes.
Take it out from the molds and let it cool down completely in a wire rack  before putting the icing on it.
 
Use #18 piping tip to create a star design, put the piping tip first in the piping bag and cut a hole on the tip of the bag so that the piping tip will go through then put the icing in and start frosting the cupcakes.
Place the marshmallow beside each other for the eyes 

Put the gum ball on the center for the nose


 Place the oreo cookies below the nose for the mouth
Use the black gel to make an eye just a small drop on both marshmallows.
Done, Isn't that easy? I'm sure you can make this at home for your kids to munch on or for birthday parties.
 
Stay tuned for more exciting ideas and tutorials, see you again next time and have a happy weekend ahead!
 
 


38 comments:

  1. That was so cute. I want to have an oven already to check if I can be as good as you when it comes to baking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute! It looks easy but it wasn't for me. I don't even know how to cook much. >.<

    ReplyDelete
  3. So Cute!!! It will be hard to eat this because of the design. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  4. If only I have cupcake molds and other materials for baking, I will do this one for sure. Keep inspiring us Rosegen :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my, they look really moist and delicious! I really hope I can buy an oven na!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute and yummy. That reminds me of my son's first birthday. He had a sesame street tower cake from Red Ribbon courtesy of my childhood bestfriend. It comes with Elmo, Cookie Monster and Big Bird cupcakes too :) You are so talented sis.

    Mommy Maye
    www.momaye.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. They looked easy to make. I need to have my broken oven fixed soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is an exact replica of Elmo! It looks fun to do and with your step-by-step tutorial, many of your readers will replicate this! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy birthday! We're missing your presence. I hope you and your family are fine.

      Delete
    2. Thank you Ida, we are fine I'm just very busy lately. I will be back soon, I miss you guys too.

      Delete
  9. very creative with the elmo face. kids and kids at heart would surely love the elmo cupcakes.

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow thanks for the tutorial.. I wish i learned about this when my daughter was younger she would have appreciated it for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow very easy and cute.. I really want to learn how to bake cupcakes.. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your elmo cupcake looks so cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love it! It really looks easy to make and it is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! Thi is so cute. Bookmarking this for a future kiddie occasion.

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are super cute! I'm thinking if I use blue icing instead of red, I'll end up with Cookie Monster! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. super cool! will surely add oven on my xmas wish list

    ReplyDelete
  17. cuteness overload! Will you be making Cookie Monster cupcakes too??? <3

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the Elmo cupcakes! so cute and perfect for kiddies birthday parties:)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Aww, ang cute! Super creative. Ang galing naman ng pagkagawa. I bet kids (and kids at heart) would love to munch on those cupcakes! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is so galing sis. I would love to make this!

    ReplyDelete
  21. You make it look so easy. I certainly can make something like this. Thanks for sharing the tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  22. The tutorial is super easy to follow. I'm going to make something like this in the future..:) Thank you for sharing, Dai:)

    ReplyDelete
  23. galing naman Ms. Rosegen! i also make cupcakes but without designs. Pang bahay lang kasi kaya di ko na nilalagyan. Pero na inspire tuloy ako gumawa ng ganito at gayahin ang gawa mo, hehe!

    Ang galing very easy to follow at ang neat pang tignan. =)

    maryjoy of http://happinessofjoy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow easy does it! :) Very nice and looks yum!

    ReplyDelete
  25. On my son's first birthday, we bought him a sesame street themed cake. Because of this, our son recognized elmo and cookie monster as part of the cake

    ReplyDelete
  26. Cutie cupcake inspiration. Perfect for children.

    ReplyDelete
  27. So perfect for any kiddies birthday. Have a happy birthday Dai:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Sorry for my absense. I've been busy lately il be back soon.

      Delete
  28. Great tutorial Dai, keep it up! I love this cupcake because of the ingredients used and the steps by step tutorial is easy to follow.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Adorable! Now I'm craving for cupcakes.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Really cute cupcakes.. I haven't made cupcakes for the kids in ages.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Belated happy birthday, Rose! I wonder what your design for your own birthday cupcake is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hmmm check out my new post hehe.thank you kat.

      Delete
  32. Daddy will bake cupcakes for our son's 4th birthday and hopefully it be a success. Hehe.

    Mommy Maye

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment. Have a nice day!