Thank GOD its Friday it means can sleep in tomorrow except to those who works on Saturdays. Since it's Friday, in our house it's pizza day hubby always want to have pizza for dinner sometimes on Friday. So I'm going to make pizza from scratch normally we just order pizza online or bought a ready made pizza crust in the store and I just fix my favorite toppings and bake it, but today I'm going to make my own crust for the very first time we'll see how it turns out.
For the crust:
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 salt
- 1/2 sugar
- 1 teaspoon yeast
- 3/4 cup water
For the toppings:
- black olives
- green bell pepper
- jalapeno (hot pepper)
- banana peppers
- shredded mozzarella cheese
- pizza sauce (store bought)
- Sift the dry ingredients in a bowl and add water. Knead well on the floured surface until its soft. Leave it in a buttered bowl, covered in a warm place to rise and double in size.
- Lightly oil the pizza tin. Flatten it in a large size pizza tin then put the sauce first then the mozzarella cheese and add the vegetables on top of the cheese.
- Bake it in a pre heated oven in 400 degree for 23 minutes.
- Make the dough ahead of time because it takes couple hours to rise up.
- Covered the bowl with the dough in it with either aluminum foil or plastic wrap set it aside in room temperature.
- always buttered the pizza tin before putting the dough on it to prevent from sticking when its cooked.
- If there is no butter cooking spray work just fine.
Use rolling pin to flatten the dough and place it on the pizza tin, spread the sauce on top and sprinkle the cheese on top of the sauce then the veggies.
Ready to pop in the oven
The good thing about home made is you can put anything you like on your pizza base on what's available in your pantry and your fridge.
This is for me and Carly without hot peppers and I add turkey deli meat on it.
|And the verdict is yummylicious this is my third slice.|
This is for hubby with hot stuff on it, he loves spicy food.
Two more left, that's how good it is he-he. The crust really turns out pretty good so from now on I will make my own pizza. Besides its cheaper you can make it even healthier and super yummy just add on your favorite meat and veggies and more cheese.
| To all pizza lover I recommend to try it at home because it's really good and it's very fast and easy to make.|
That's it for today guys have a happy weekend!